Thursday 30 August 2012


UPDATE: Fans will have to wait three additional weeks to purchase Kendrick Lamar's major label debut, "good kid, m.A.A.d City."
Kendrick Lamar Moves "good kid, m.A.A.d city" Release Date To October 22
Kendrick Lamar is at work on his major label debut good kid M.A.AD city, While he's worked with Gunplay and Dr. Dre  on a few pre-album leaks, K. Dot says that guest features will be kept to a minimum on the project, explaining to CBC Nusic that the LP will be organic and that no collaborations will be forced.
“I’m selfish it’s all me,” he said. “I’ve got to pick what feels right. I never go into it thinking, ‘I want to get these people on there.’ No, I don’t force nothing and right now it’s turning out to be all me.”
He did confirm that his Black Hippy crew, which also includes Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock, will make appearances on the album. But even as his profile continues to rise - he was recently featured on XXL Magazine's cover with Dr. Dre he doesn't feel the need to call on big name favors.
“People get in this position and feel like they need the big producers, the big artists,” he said. “Nah  I’m still hungry. I want to show and prove to the non-believers.”




 http://cdn.hiphopdx.org










No comments:

Post a Comment