Friday 21 September 2012


IF NOT NOW, THEN WHEN?
If it seems that I am simplifying the process, I am.  Do you want to look in the mirror some day and see an old man or woman and say where did my life go?  When I look in the mirror, I see an old man, but I have done everything I ever wanted to do in my life!  So what have you been putting off?  Ask yourself what you need to do today to start to accomplish it.  About thirty three years ago, I realized I wanted to be financial independent!  I put together a plan to accomplish that goal by age forty.  I took my goal and broke it down to daily tasks.  I monitored my progress weekly, adjusted my efforts to meet my goals and I accomplished my financial independence at age 38!
You have to take responsibility for your life!  Stop making excuses and start now to go for what you want.  If you don’t have the skills, get them!  If you don’t have the training, get it!  Get whatever you need to meet the challenge.  What do you need to do to lose weight?  What do you need to be financially independent?  What do you need to do to get out of debt?  Remember success is the accomplishment of the goal.  Lay out your plan and execute it.  Your plan must work for you, so personalize it.  When I was trying to lose weight, the vending machines at work could undo my efforts so I never carried money.  That worked for me!
What are you doing to meet your goals?  What are you doing today to meet your goals?  What excuse is keeping you from your goal?  Successful people don’t make excuses, they take action.  The difference between an excuse and a reason is clear.  An excuse is an explanation of why something failed blaming someone or something.  A reason is an explanation where everyone takes accountability.  For example, I want to lose weight, but I do not have time to go to the gym.  Stop making excuses and start on your dreams.  Let’s start a trend, better yet a movement toward accomplishing your goals, dreams or fantasies!  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment